From events to meals, here are 50 free (or super cheap) things to do with your family:
1. Gaming nights at karliquin.com or stonebridgegames.com.
3. Berry Patch Farm in Brighton: berrypatchfarms.com
4. Kids eat free nights: Try IHOP, Islands, Davinci’s Italian, Chick-Fil-A , Beef O’Brady’s, Perkins, Connor O’Neill’s, The Black-Eyed Pea, Cinzzetti’s Italian Market Restaurant, Texas Roadhouse… and more!
5. In November, smash jack-o-lanterns at Broomfield Recycling Center
6. Get to a festival like the Erie Town Fair, Lafayette Peach Festival, Boulder Creek Fest, etc.
7. Fiske Planetarium ($5 for adults, $3 for kids; closed until fall 2013): fiske.colorado.edu/
8. Free outdoor movies! Check boulderoutdoorcinema.com, longmontfilm.org and downtowndenver.com/Events/MileHighMovies.htm for listings.
9. Libraries have tons of free programs from story time to teen book clubs.
10. UCAR offers free tours: eo.ucar.edu/kids
11. Kids’ Night Out offers parents—I mean, kids—a fun night out: kidsniteout.org
12. Yaya Farm and Orchard: yayafarmandorchard.com
13. Dog parks can be fun, even if you don’t have a dog.
14. Schedule a tour with rockymountainfire.org.
15. Take advantage of free days at museums across the state.
16. Ditto for free days at zoos and botanic gardens.
17. Kids 12 and under ski free at Keystone.
18. Tour the Colorado State Capitol building for free
19. Frozen Dead Guy Days in Nederland: frozendeadguydays.org/
20. Visit Bishop Castle in Pueblo: bishopcastle.org
21. Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum: cspm.org
22. Celestial Seasonings tour: celestialseasonings.com/tours
23. Get free folk dancing lessons at Boulder Municipal Plaza, June 4–Sept. 10, 7pm danceophile.com/folk
24. Free tours at NIST: boulder.nist.gov/tours.htm
25. Leanin’ Tree Museum of Western Art in Boulder: leanintreemuseum.com
26. Brown Palace Hotel tour: brownpalace.com/Hotel-Tours
27. Capitol Hill People’s Fair: chundenver.org
28. Colorado Sports Hall of Fame Museum: coloradosports.org
29. Dinosaur Ridge in Morrison: dinoridge.org
30. Geology Museum at the Colorado School of Mines in Golden: mines.edu/Geology_Museum
31. The Money Museum in Denver: kansascityfed.org/moneymuseum/denver/includes/index.cfm
32. Red Rocks: redrocksonline.com
33. The Rocky Mountain Raptor Program offers free open house days three times a year: rmrp.org/education/open-house/
34. Longmont Museum and Cultural Center: ci.longmont.co.us/museum/
35. Loveland Museum and Gallery: ci.loveland.co.us
36. Lyons Sculpture Trail: lyons-colorado.com
37. Garden of the Gods: gardenofgods.com
38. Simpich Character Doll Museum, Colorado Springs: simpich.com
39. U.S. Olympic Complex, Colorado Springs: teamusa.org/About-the-USOC/Organization/Training-Centers-and-Sites/Colorado-Springs.aspx
40. Free crafts at Lowes, Michael’s (see individual stores for details).
41. Free crafts and programs at the American Girl Store in Denver and the Lego Store in Lakewood.
42. Free bowling for kids in summer—check your local lanes.
43. Summer reading programs at libraries.
44. Arcade Amusements, Manitou Springs’ penny arcade.
45. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs offers free tours.
46. Free hiking at Glen Eyrie castle in Colorado Springs
47. Hike to Devil’s Head Lookout Tower: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_Head_Lookout
48. Free audio tours of Chautauqua in Boulder with your mobile phone: chautauqua.com/tours.html
49. Free summer concerts: visit YellowScene.com for calendar listings.
50. Farmer’s markets
51. Free birthday pass at Boondock’s fun center: boondocks.com/public/northglenn/birthdays/club/index.cfm